Wednesday, March 03, 2010

So I'm kinda bummed. Turns out Mario noticed I had painted his toes when he woke up. He just ignored it. Then he didn't say anything to me at all. This morning when he was putting on his socks he gave me the evil eye and I knew he knew. Then he told me he noticed right away. Jerk. I told him it was so unsatisfying when he didn't say anything about it...see if I paint his toe nails all pretty again!

In other news I feel like a new person today. For the last month or so I've been on the worst sleep schedule. Because of all the editing, my sleep schedule shifted later and later until I was going to sleep at 3 and 4, then waking up at 10 or 11. I hate that. I don't like waking up late. I've never been an early riser, but don't like to feel like I've slept my whole day away either. I really love getting to bed around midnight and then getting up when mario heads to work. Then there is no fighting over the bathroom. It's a good schedule for me and I wake up feeling great.

The whole late schedule was just too much for me. I've been trying to switch it around, but just haven't been able to get to sleep any earlier than 1:30 or 2 am. It wasn't working for me at all. I was waking up groggy and it was just taking me longer to wake up. Plus, when my sleep is all messed up, the migraines start kicking in.

Then in the last few weeks I just haven't been feeling well at all. I had more of a sensitive stomach and have felt lethargic. Then the migraines started up. The last four days I've had a real low level migraine. I was trying to ignore it for the most part. It was more annoying than anything. I just hate feeling like I'm constantly taking medicine. So I try to let the migraine ride...even though I know better than that.

Finally on Monday it all built up. All day Monday and Tuesday I was shaky, so tired, nauseous, and the migraine was just hanging in there. I finally passed out at midnight. I woke up a few times with my head killing me. So I finally got my butt up and fired down a couple of migraine pills and some advil as advised by one of my nursey friends and passed back out.

And ya know what? I slept better last night than I have in the last month! I woke up with energy and feeling so good! Want to know why? Because I finally got a good nights sleep.

First thing I do when I wake up is check my emails from the comfort of my bed. I had a very interesting email in my inbox from out insurance company telling about spring, spring breezes, hay fever, and migraines! I really wish I wasn't so stubborn. If I would just take my migraine medicine when I feel it one coming on, I would save myself so much grief! I wasn't sleeping well because I kept waking up with my head pounding...but thought I could just sleep it off..which meant I wasn't getting good sleep...which is one of my migraine triggers...which meant more migraine...and nausea...and the shakes...and feeling exhausted...blah blah blah.

I need to just get over myself and realize that migraines do not just go away because I want them to. It even said that in the email. I guess the email was my little intervention. So two problems solved at once...sleep schedule back on track and my weeks long migraine gone...Finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.